1. Friendship: In a complex world, Rotary provides for one of the basic human needs: Friendship & Fellowship. It is one of the two reasons Rotary began in 1905.
2. Business Development:Rotary was the original Social Network. Members come from all walks of life, helping each other and community. It's the second reason for Rotary's original start.
3. Personal Growth Membership in Rotary continues one's growth and education in human relations and personal development.
4. Leadership Development Serving in Rotary positions is like a college education in Leadership.
5. Community Membership and involvement in a Rotary club makes one a better community citizen.
6. Continuing Education Each week at Rotary there is a program designed to inform and enlighten.
7. Fun Rotary is fun. The club projects are fun. Social activities are fun. Service is fun.
8. Public Speaking Skills Rotary develops confidence and skill in public communication, and the opportunity to use it.
9. Citizenship in the World There are few places on the globe which do not have a Rotary club - instant friends in both the local community and in the world community.
10. Travel Assistance Rotary clubs everywhere may assist in quickly obtaining services of a doctor, lawyer, dentist, etc., while traveling.
11. Entertainment Every Rotary club and district has parties and activities that provide social fun and camaraderie.
12. Develop Social Skills Every week and at various events and functions, Rotary develops one's personality, social and people skills.
13. Next Generation Programs
Rotary provides one of the world's largest youth exchange programs; high school and college clubs for future Rotarians, and youth leadership
14. Vocational Skills Rotary fosters growth and development in each person's profession or vocation and encourages sharing this development with others.
15. Ethics Reinforcement Rotarians practice a 4-way Test which governs ethical standards. Rotarians are expected to be ethical in business and personal relationships.
16. Cultural Awareness Rotary is a cross section of the world's most prominent citizens from every background. Rotarians learn to love and work with people everywhere.
17. Prestige Rotary is the oldest and most prestigious service club in the world.
18. Nice People Rotarians are important people who adhere to the policy that while it is nice to be important, it is more important to be nice.
19. No "official creed" Rotary is an open society of men and women who simply believe in helping others.
20. The Opportunity to Serve Rotary is a service club. This is perhaps the best reason for becoming a Rotarian: the chance to do something for somebody else.
Note: Special thanks to Past RI President Rick King who penned the original 20 Reasons to Join a Rotary Club.
Make a Difference with
Five Avenues of Service
Community Service Join us cooking hot dogs and brats at the sidewalk sale and children's' fair, giving new winter coats to children from low income families and providing financial grants to local non-profits.
Vocational Service Incorporate the Rotary Four Way Test of ethical behavior into our business life, mentor young people interested in your field, sponsor young professionals for Rotary International Vocational Exchanges.
Next Generations Service Participate in Rotary Youth Exchange (the largest international exchange student program), sponsor area youth for RYLA, a youth leadership training experience, sponsor scholars for international study.
International Service Help us eradicate polio from the world, bring shelter and assistance to victims of natural disasters, feed and educate third world children, bring clean water to those in need. Rotary Matching grants make our dollars go far.
Club Service Opportunities for fellowship, leadership and stewardship and fun.
Bring your energy and ideas
and we will make them happen.